Our original church building, now known as “Heck Hall.”

St. Martin’s-in-the-Field is blessed by a 7-acre campus that was donated in 1954 by Mrs. C. T. Marston. The original church building was completed in 1955 and St. Martin’s-in-the-Field was officially approved as an independent parish at the Diocesan Convention of 1956, with the Reverend Lewis Heck as its vicar. The roots of our school, St. Martin’s-in-the-Field Episcopal School, began in 1957 as a Kindergarten class, and now includes students from preschool to 8th grade. In 1989 the new church was completed and in 1994 the original church building was dedicated as “Heck Hall.”